16 May 2008
Presenting: The Finalists
First, lemme say I was so freaking excited to see so many entries that were prefaced with something about being new or not having written before. I love that!

Second: Ya know, when Bam ran this contest previously, she'd always talk about how hard it was to pick the finalists. "But Bam, it's not that hard," I'd said to my monitor. "Just pick me and a couple others." Er. . . ok maybe I didn't quite think that (every month) but I didn't quite get what was so hard.

Dude. It's freaking tough. It's just taken me about three hours to narrow it down. "But I wanna keep that one too!" is what I kept saying. Everyone had some twist that made it a little bit awesome. But I couldn't pick every one. Contests don't work like that.

So with no further ado, here's our finalists:

jennifer y.

Cassie opened the door realizing the time had come. After ten long years, she was going to tell her best friend that she wanted him.

The grin on Jack’s face disappeared as he took in her attire. The expensive black lace teddy had been an impulsive purchase, but the heat in the deep-blue eyes raking over her body and causing her heart to skip a beat proved that it had been worth the price.

“Um, did I interrupt something?” Jack asked while Cassie dragged him into the house seeing no point in giving the neighbors a free peep show.

“Nope, you’re just in time,” Cassie smiled seductively as she helped Jack remove his coat, her mind planning the removal of other items later.

“What are you talking about? And what’s with the get-up?” he asked, his eyes never leaving her.

“Jack, we’ve been friends for a long time now.” Cassie purred brazenly rubbing her body against his, “I have something I need to tell you.”

Bracing herself for Jack’s rejection Cassie closed her eyes half-expecting him to walk away. Instead, to her surprise, he moved closer pressing her heated body to the wall.

“Your sink isn’t leaking, is it?” Jack murmured near her ear.

“Forget the sink! I want you, damnit!” she blurted her well-rehearsed speech gone with the touch of Jack’s lips on her neck. The toolbelt fell forgotten to the floor, his mouth continuing its assault her neck and addling her senses.

“Why haven’t you said anything before?” he asked in between nibbles.

“I was afraid it would ruin our friendship.”

“You haven’t ruined anything. I just need to be clear on what it is you want,” he said hesitantly, pulling back to look into her eyes, his need evident.

“I figured it would be obvious once you saw my outfit,” she said wondering if she should have gone with her first clothing choice…nothing.

“Well, why don’t you spell it out for me, just in case,” he whispered into her ear, his tongue darting out to trace the sensitive shell. The closeness of their bodies leaving little doubt of the effect she had on him.

Her confidence bolstered by her newfound knowledge, Cassie said, “Okay, I’ll tell you what I want. You…me…in bed…naked…now. Got it?”

“Yes Ma’am!” Jack said, his lips descending onto hers. Overwhelmed by his scent, Cassie forgot to breathe as his tongue touched hers.


angeleque

She spotted him immediately when she entered, seated at the bar. Renaldo was surrounded by his two business partners, each man flanked by a silicone enhanced woman.

The hostess stepped out from behind her podium, looking Evelyn’s outfit of a simple pair of faded jeans and tank top, up and down with her wrinkled nose but it was her sour expression which told all.

Normally she would have taken more care with her attire, dressed more appropriated but tonight her focus wasn’t on dress code but going after what she wanted.

She hated the smile which was instantaneous now whenever he was around. Blowing out she approached the bar and tapped the woman who’d wrapped herself around Renaldo’s side.

The group turned, looked at her but her gaze remained centered him.

“You accused me of not being real, not being honest with you about who I am and what I want. I want someone to talk to on the way home, no matter the time.” She paused, cleared her throat, stepping closer to him. “I want a friend. I don’t just want the hot, sweaty, monkey, acrobatic, mind blowing sex. I want love and romance, moonlight and roses, snuggling on the couch and kissing in the rain.”

Finally she moved in, taking her place next to him, edging the other woman out and back toward his friend.

“A friend, lover, dance partner, champion, protector, provider… I want it all. House, kids, career and home-cooked meals. And it pisses me off. I wasn’t supposed to fall in love with you. It was supposed to be just sex. My life... I had everything figured out, what I would be doing and by what age.”

His hand rose to caress her cheek and she leaned into his touch. Briefly relishing the gentle touch and what the words could not convey. Her rich coffee colored eyes linked to his deep sapphire ones.

“I never dated anyone like you. You see me, not an extension of my family or for what lies in between my thighs. You changed my life, pushed me off my square and told me I was beautiful and meant it.”

“Siete bei il mia amore.”

“I want the fucking happily ever after.” She sighed, stepped back, “Now the ball is in your court.” Turning, she walked away, not looking back. Her head hoped he would follow, her heart knew he would.


ali

Sam took a deep breath and started to turn the doorknob to the apartment. She could do this. She would go in, tell him how she felt, and go on from there. Simple, right? She stared down and realized that her hands were tightly gripped to the doorknob. Damn nerves. Okay, so maybe she needed a little more time.

Turning around and walking away, Sam stopped before she reached the stairs. What was she thinking? She had nowhere to go. This was her apartment.

Summoning up all the strength she had in her she marched back to the apartment, opened the door and right away could hear Leo talking to himself in the kitchen. She could smell lasagna in the air and felt her stomach rumble in response. Laying a hand on her tummy she reminded herself that Leo came first, and then food. And if she was lucky, she’d get some dessert before the main course.

Walking into the kitchen she got a nice look at Leo’s butt while he was bent over looking in the refrigerator. Ooh, she couldn’t wait to get her hands on that. She pictured herself running her hands down his back before giving his butt a squeeze as he slid himself inside of her.

Sam didn’t realize she had gone off daydreaming until she caught the look Leo gave.

“Sam?” Leo gave her one of those heart stopping smiles, probably correctly guessing what she was thinking. Probably thinking the same thing.

Taking another deep breath, Sam walked up to Leo and decided it was now or never. “Leo, you’re right. There’s something between us and I would be a fool to let this pass. I want it. I need it. You,” she poked his chest, “Me. Hot monkey-sex.”

“Um, Sam, honey, I love what you’re saying, but,” Leo placed a finger against her lips.

No, dammit, he couldn’t have changed his mind. Not giving him a chance to stop her, she pulled his head down and started to softly kiss him.

Quickly taking over, Leo pulled Sam closer and what started out as soft and sensual turned hot and heady. Sam moaned as she felt Leo’s erection harden, making her feel light headed and thinking she heard voices.

Pulling away, Leo turned towards the phone on the counter and Sam instantly realized Leo wasn’t talking to himself earlier, there was someone on the speaker.


Voting will be open through midnight, Pacific Standard Time, 20 May. Get to it.


47 Comments:

Blogger angeleque said...

Wow. Unexpected but very grateful and happy. I'm glad you enjoyed it cause it was fun to write and actually was the push I needed to get back into the writing groove.


Thank you.

Blogger Larissa Ione said...

But...but...I wanna vote for them all! :(

Great job, ladies!!!

Blogger Tonni said...

They are good but one I like
is the one by Angeleque. It remind me of how blunt I am.

Great job, Ladies!!!
Wish luck

Tonni

Blogger Pamk said...

lol I would have to vote for Ali since she made me laugh. Sounds like something I'd do.

Blogger Jambrea said...

It was tough, but I'm going to vote for Jennifer Y. :)

Blogger Jennifer Y. said...

WOW! I am in shock! Thank you so much for picking me as a finalist. I didn't envy you your position.

Blogger Jambrea said...

Well...I think you need to turn it into a full story. :)

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You mean I can only choose one? *stomps foot* So. Not. Fair.

*sighs* Well, I choose Jennifer y's. There's just something about a man and his toolbelt.

I loved the theme of this contest, too. Women taking charge.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

They ALL are so great! But since I have to vote for one, I pick Jennifer :-))

Anonymous Anonymous said...

well, it was a tough call, but I have to vote for Jennifer.
A man with a tool belt, who's good with his hands ...
YUM!

Luanna

Blogger Ann said...

I vote for Ali's, I love the ending. :)

Blogger Unknown said...

Wow!!! They're all great. But I kind of agree with Luanna...I love a man with a toolbelt! I vote for Jennifery Y.

Congrats to all the finalists!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

They are all great, but if I have to pick just one I pick jennifer y's

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats, Ladies--very nice jobs!! My vote goes to Jennifer Y.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow...great job to all. My vote goes to Jennifer Y. Something about a man with a toolbelt. Yum!

Colleen

Blogger Billie Jo said...

I choose Jennifer's. Great scene.

Good Job Ladies!

Billie Jo

Blogger Unknown said...

All three are great! Loved the ending on Ali's, but Jennifer had me hooked from the very beginning, so my vote goes to her.

Wonderful job, ladies!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I read all of them
And if I have to pick one
Then I pick Angeleque.

A man in a toolbelt is really not a turn and why is using sex (the teddy) to get her point across.

Third one was funny

A Reviewer

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoyed reading all three. In order of favorites:
Ali
Jennifer
Angeleque

So, I'm voting for Ali.

-Tam

Blogger Tatterdemallion said...

I vote for Jennifer Y. Sexy!

Blogger Valerie T. said...

I agree with everyone, all the entries were great. It's so hard to choose!

I pick Jennifer Y.

Blogger Mo said...

Great entries everybody! Damn..I gotta choose ONE????

ok I choose JennY's ;)

Gotta love a man with a toolbelt LOL

Blogger Patti said...

They were all great and all deserve kudos!

But, I love love love men in toolbelts!!!

JenniferY---you wrote a winning beginning and I want to see the rest!
She has my vote.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If I have to choose just one, then I'll choose Jennifer Y

Blogger Pam P said...

Great job ladies, this was hard choosing, and I loved Ali's ending, too, nice hook. I debated and Jennifer gets my vote, by a narrow margin.

Blogger Jane said...

My vote is for Jennifer's story.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm voting for ali's - I liked hers the most :)

Blogger Unknown said...

I picking Jennifer Y. Great job ladies.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

my vote is for Ali.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

They were all wonderful really~ no wonder you had such a hard decision picking the finalists

My vote goes to Jennifer Y

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh this is hard!! All of them are great, but I'll have to vote for Ali's because that is soooo something that would happen to me. LMAO Too funny!

Blogger danetteb said...

Jennifer Y. Awesome scene.

Hugs, Danette

Blogger Angie-la said...

They were all very good, but I love the best friend scenario...it is one of my favorites! My vote would be for Jennifer Y.
Now I want the rest of the story!! :)

Blogger Alberto said...

Well all I have to say is that all of them are very good, but in this kind of stories I like to get to the action fast. my vote is for Ali it she left me wanting more.


Alberto.

Blogger Barb V. said...

All of the finalists did a great job, so it's a difficult choice. But like several others -- I say there's something about a man with a tool belt. My vote goes to Jennifer.

Blogger Kelly McCrady said...

I vote for Jennifer Y. All three were inventive and great--hard to choose!

Blogger Unknown said...

Wow all of these are great!

I vote for jennifer y

Blogger Eli said...

hmmm... my vote goes to Ali....

Blogger Judy F said...

Great stories. ALL

I vote for Jennifer Y

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Loved Ali's and Angeleque's the best :)

I vote for Ali :)

~Faye

Blogger Robin Kaye said...

Everyone did a great job, but my fav is Jennifer Y's.

Blogger Lisa F. said...

All three were great, but my vote goes to Jennifer Y!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

3 excellent scenes and like alot of you it is really hard to choose. But because I'm a fan of funny stuff I'm going to go with Ali.

Blogger ~ Mad ~ said...

I vote for Ali's...she left us hanging there!

Blogger Leila said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I vote for Ali's. I like Sam :)

Blogger Leila said...

I'm going with Ali's.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG