21 December 2007
News flash - Your gramma had sex!
I've got a 1920s story I've been kicking around for a while. I set it down for about two months because the hero bored me. (Too nice.) I've fixed him, which means I'm back to listening to period music.

People freaking slay me when they bitch about how music lately is too filled with sex and violence. Think of the children! Question: Do you like your grandparents? Respect them? Think they're generally nice human beings? If people want an eye opener, they need to listen to pre-FCC music.

From "Daddy Ease It To Me", by Lem Fowler with Helen Baxter:
See my stove is empty
but my cooking's good.
I need ya Daddy
and it's understood.
I can't cook
without your wood.
Daddy ease it to me.


Yeah, she makes a mean fried chicken. I'm sure that's what she's talking about.

From "Pussy Cat Blues", by Big Bill Broonzy:
You can play with my pussy
but please don't dog it around.
If you're gonna mistreat it
no pussy will be found.
Pussycat, pussycat
where have you been so long?
. . .
If you've got a good pussy
folks don't give it away.


I think it's a tabby. Maybe a Siamese.

The best part? I can listen to this stuff at work and my coworkers only smile and nod.


3 Comments:

Blogger Household6 said...

Dirty lyrics on Christmas...eh made me giggle!

Merry Christmas to you!

Blogger Kelly McCrady said...

My 90-yr-old grandmother is famous in our family for declaring, when gazing upon her 70-some decendants: "Who knew when Daddy and I were having all that fun it would lead to this?"

Yeah. Grandma only lifted her nightie once or twice...Thanks for the lyrics!

Blogger bettie said...

Oh, I love the lyrics of those old jazz and blues songs. So many fabulous euphemisms. I think my fave is still "Pour some sugar in my bowl" but maybe only because it was the one that got me started researching old lyrics when I was in high school.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG