03 March 2007
She said WHAT?
I managed to get away to the mall today, sans children and even sans husband. It was nice having some quiet time, even if it was in the middle of a crowd.

But sometimes you hear the darndest things when you only overhear a snippet of conversation.

I was headed towards the food court, thinking I'd get a greasy, luke-warm eggroll. I passed a two women, one of whom was pushing a stroller. Stroller-woman said "Those Army wives always have money. First and the fifteenth, money's in the bank!"

Excuse me for a moment, I just choked a bit. Rolling around on the floor laughing, you know. Gets kinda dangerous.

The woman wasn't even done. "Of course, they're more willing to spend it when their husbands are gone."

Oh yeah, that's it. It's not that so many of us are near to freaking broke and balancing our budgets carefully. It's that we just don't wanna spend unless our husbands are gone. That's it. . . So glad she could educate me.

Part of me wants to give her the benefit of the doubt, that she was being sarcastic. But somehow, I don't think so.


5 Comments:

Blogger Rhianna said...

Bwahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Oh my god!

Never occured to stupid shit that there's care packages to send, bills to pay, errands to run, etc. that now fall on one pair of shoulders instead of two.

I give you kuddos, I'd have had to say something and PROFANITY would have been a good part of it.

If we could only make the entire US population live on a US military enlisted paycheck for 2 months, they'd starve to death, or accept they need to raise the miltiary pay more than .05% at a time.

Blogger airforcewife said...

It's very difficult to make me speechless.

But I kind of am.

Blogger Ann Aguirre said...

Wow, what a bitchy thing to say.

Blogger julie anna said...

Extra money to spend? WHERE?? Cuz I would LOVE to spend it!

Blogger Household6 said...

Oh the life of luxury, maybe she should become a Sgt's wife on his income only and see how far this "magic" money tree really goes?

One word - HALFWIT

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG