12 June 2008
Holy craptacular, Batman!
Why am I having such a hard freaking time figuring out how alcohol withdrawal and DTs would have been treated by 1920s medical professionals?? This is about to drive me batshit insane. I tried tackling this during my initial research and didn't get very far. Ah, no problem, I'll just come back to it later. Um, it's later now and I can't find shit. Thorazine was invented too late and sanitoriums were a long term treatment. . . I need the doc to say one thing. One thing and I can't figure out if it's freaking accurate.

Sigh.

The good news is that I'm on the downhill slide with this MS. I think. I hope. And it's looking like I'll actually crack a decent word count, in real novel length territory. A first for me!

Of course, right now it's an awful piece of shit, writing wise, but the point is to get the words on paper, right? Fixing the ugly is what editing is for, right?


3 Comments:

Blogger Carrie Lofty said...

Fixing the ugly is what editing is for, right?

Yup. Hang in there :)

Blogger Kelly McCrady said...

That's why they pay me the big bucks...what? (hears whisper in ear) Oh. Well, what I get 10% of the cover for. Eventually.

Have you tried any of those, "Ask the doctor" type websites, where you get an e-mail answer to a medical question? I'm talking out my a** on this because I have no website link to send you toward...just an idea.

Blogger Patti Ann Colt said...

Of course, right now it's an awful piece of shit, writing wise, but the point is to get the words on paper, right? Absolutely YES!

Fixing the ugly is what editing is for, right? Absolutely YES!

And might I suggest that if you can't find it, not many others will be able to either - so you could have the doctor say pretty damn much what you want without worry.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG