30 January 2009
Woops!
I'm the type of person who sticks to a routine. I order one of two things at Starbucks every time. I go in the same door of the mall every time. I stick to the same Bath and Body Works fragrance for months and months at a time. I go in the same door of the same WalMart every time I go grocery shopping. I park in the same parking lot, in the same row, at my office every morning. Routine, you know? It works for me.

Today, my office went out for our monthly luncheon. Coming back to our building after lunch is always a hassle. There's not enough parking, especially since they put in the new JAG building across the parking lot. Seriously, who thought that one through? I ended up having to park on the other side of the building from where I normally do. When I got up to the office, I even joked to a co-worker someone would have to remind me of where my car was before I left for the night.

I bet you see where this is going, don't you?

I lost my car.

Went out the wrong door (which is even on the wrong floor), and got halfway to the lot when I realized I couldn't see my car. And stopped. And blinked for a second, trying to figure out. . . Oh yeah. It's over there.

Whereupon I had to turn around, and go right back in the building, in front of two soldiers who gave me very strange looks. I don't really blame them.

Maybe I need to rethink this whole routine thing.


3 Comments:

Blogger Tiffany Aller said...

I'm the same way. I try to always park on the same level in the parking garage at my office building every day. When I leave at the end of a long day, I don't need to added frazzled onto tired. But one day, I had a doctor's appointment in the morning and so ended up on a way different level than normal. And the doctor's appointment didn't go so great, so I was frazzled when I got to work and didn't look at the floor I was on before heading down the stairs and over to my building. It literally took me 20 minutes of walking between levels and clicking the lock button on my key fob to find my car. At one point, I could hear my car for a full five minutes but could not see/find the damn thing. Looking back, that's funny. On that day, I just wanted to cry.

Blogger C2 said...

Yup, I do it too. I get distracted so I need to be able to navigate without too much thought. LOL

One downside to parking in the same place at work (if you work with nosey people), they can tell when you're there and when you're not so it's hard to be late or leave early. Grr.

Blogger KT Grant said...

I couldn't find my car once during the holiday season at a mall I could walk through blindfolded. Security drove me up and down the aisles till I found me car.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG