25 November 2008
3:10 to Yuma (Spoilers ahoy!)
I've had it from Netflix for nearly a month now, sitting on my DVD player. Never quite got around to watching it. But this weekend, a friend on IM (That'd be Carrie Lofty. Her debut's the bomb and comes out in two weeks. Go buy it!) flashes me a picture of Christian Bale and says she's got a future character who'll look like him. Cool. Oughta get around to watching that, so I'm not just handing Netflix my money every month.

So I do. Took me five damn hours to see a two hour movie. Freaking kids.

Not the point.

I get to the end, and everything's sad and remarkable. (And omigod, the photography through the whole pic!) But you know who I really felt bad for, in the middle of that whole tragic ending? Charlie Price.

That's right, psychotic, murderous Charlie Price. I pitied him. He's unequivocally bad, unlike shades-of-grey Ben Wade. He's doing what he's always done, backing up his gang and taking quite a few souls along the way. And he and the rest of the outlaws are shot dead for their troubles, by their very own leader, Bed Wade. All because they had no idea of the mixed up journey Wade and Evans had been on together, and killed Evans. It was only what Price had always done! How awful must it have been to have his world yanked out from under him, with no warning? Killed by his friend and cohort for absolutely no reason that he could have understood at the time.


1 Comments:

Blogger KT Grant said...

I am not big on Westerns, but this one was one of the best movies I saw last year. Russell Crowe and Christian Bale show from this movie that they are one of the best actors of our generation.
Too bad RC looks like he has let himself go lately, and I hope it is for a movie role!

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG