18 September 2008
This might be a little macabre. . .
I've realized that should war come to my area on the weekend, I won't notice.

The boys watch a couple of hours of cartoons on the weekend, but it's all Dish Network stuff in the high numbers. No breaking news cut ins there. If I actually manage to watch a little tv, it's something DVRed from earlier in the week. Way more common is me putzing around on the computer. And not the main pages like Yahoo or something, either. My home page doesn't have a lick of news on it, and most of the time I'm either editing or writing, while listening to iTunes. At the same time, I've gotten used to the sound of artillery and heavy gunfire from the nearby Army base. The very same Army base that would be a pretty decent target, since it would take out a huge chunk of our military.

So do me a favor. If you hear about a war kicking off in North Carolina on a Saturday, shoot me an IM or something.


2 Comments:

Blogger Patti Ann Colt said...

I'm much the same way. Cut off my paper too because I never read it. My only attempt at news is making yahoo my home page. I'll IM you, if you IM me - but maybe we should find somebody else outside the loop!

Blogger LorelieLong said...

Deal. :) Though you're right, we need someone who actually pokes their head above water every now and then.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG