21 September 2006
The end of an era. Well, our personal era.
After more than a decade on jump status, my husband is terminating. I'll no longer be married to a sexy paratrooper. Who am I kidding, he'll always be a paratroooper, he just won't jump out of airplanes anymore. I swear, the Airborne's like a cult sometimes. I swear I didn't arange any kind of intervention for him, he decided to do this all on his own.

We're sick of the Airborne loop - Bragg, Korea, Bragg, Europe. Lather, rinse, repeat. Plus, they've gotten enough out of him already. He's had a broken ankle, a broken shin, a stress fracture in his hip, a concussion and permanent damage to one of his knees. And that's only in the six years we've been married. I'm not even sure what all happened to him before then. With this latest injury, plus the way Department of the Army's dicking us around on his orders, it's time to be done. This might or might not get the orders to Arizona fixed but it should get us out of going back to Bragg. Thank god.

Of course, watch us end up at Ft. Polk. That'd be karma for me.


12 Comments:

Blogger Rhianna said...

Glad to hear he got off status. I hope it fixes your orders issue. If you get Ft. Polk, is that bad? It's in Louisiana, no?

Anyways, here's hoing they give you orders to Arizona, ASAP. :)

Blogger LorelieLong said...

Yep, Polk's bad and yep it's in LA. The problem is that it's in the middle of no where - even Walmart is like 45 minutes away, from what I hear.

Blogger Unknown said...

Ohhhh, congrats, or I'm sorry, one or the other! I have to admit that being a paratrooper sounds like a pretty kick ass job as far as jobs go.

Blogger Carrie Lofty said...

Shit, that's worse than I thought - you're an army wife married to a guy who jumps out of planes!! Cripes! Good luck to you!

Blogger Lemon Stand said...

Yes, I think I would rather get Arizona too. I'm sending you good thoughts to help with your karma to get you to someplace at the TOP of your wish list. (Always wondered why they called it a "WISH LIST" until I had to fill them out. In 10 years I never got anything I put on them but I was also in the AF so maybe it is different in the Army?)

Blogger LorelieLong said...

TKW: I wanted to be Airborne when I was enlisted, too, but it never worked out.

Salome: Not for much longer! :D

Lemon: Not a bit different. The Hubby's wish list? Basically read "anything but Bragg." So where do we naturally end up with orders to? Yeah.

Blogger Ann Aguirre said...

You're going to Fort Bragg then?

Blogger Manic Witch said...

I'll no longer be married to a sexy paratrooper. Who am I kidding, he'll always be a paratroooper.....

But not a sexy one? :)

Blogger Household6 said...

Well at least he won't get so beat up anymore.

Here's to hoping you never see Polk!

Blogger LorelieLong said...

Manic - lol, oops! No, he'll always be sexy to me.

Oh, I hope u get a good duty station!!

Blogger Katy said...

ooh, come to Carson. Wanna babysit?lol

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG