11 September 2006
I remember Martin Lizzul

September 11th is here again.

God that day sucked. It was horrible and it was senseless and I wish to God it had never happened. Even if it meant Americans were still living in our little bubble.

Martin Lizzul was 31, and worked for Kestrel Technologies. On the morning of September 11th, he was in the Cantor Fitzgerald offices, where he often spent his mornings, since Cantor Fitzgerald was implementing Kestrel products.

He was married, to Jeannie, for 87 days. Less than three months. I can't fathom only getting such a short amount of time with the person I loved. Though no one's happy ending is guaranteed, I'd like to think they'd have been happy together until they were 93.

Over the past two weeks, I've started this remembrance over and over again, only to choke. Everything I've found shows Martin to have been a genuinely good man, a family man who would apparently never say a negative word about anyone. There is absolutely nothing I can say that Dana Lizzul, his sister, and many others haven't said already. The love for Martin is here, and here, and here. And there's pages more. I can only post the memorial, like holding a candle in the dark. At least, in Martin's case, I'm not the only one. He has been well loved and well remembered this whole time.

There is a scholarship in Martin's name, at his high school alma matter:

The Martin Lizzul Scholarship Fund
c/o Half Hollow Hills High School West
375 Wolf Hill Road
Dix Hills, New York, 11746
ATTN: Dr. James LoFrese, Principal


8 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

Wow - married for only 87 days - my heart goes out to his wife.

Thank you so much for sharing him with us.

I remember Steven Hagis

Blogger Raggedy said...

Wonderful Tribute!
Thank you.
These are sad and hard to read....
I am honored to be a part of this project.
Mine is posted also...

The 2996 link is down. I have a new link on my site to view the participants.

Bless you…

Blogger Mrs_Who said...

God bless his wife...such a hard loss for her.

It was so hard to write a tribute, but each of these people deserved something, a simple way for us to say, "We remember you."

Blogger Ray said...

A fine tribute to Martin Lizzul you've given us, thank you.

Please see Mr. Eddie A. Dillard here if you wish, and thanks again.

Blogger Unknown said...

Such a complete waste. Look at his smile!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for remembering and honouring Martin.

Mine is up.

That was a great "candle in the dark". I did a tribute for Francis Esposito, a firefighter, and I felt so inadequate...

By the way, off topic, are you a Heinlein fan?

Blogger LorelieLong said...

Everyone: Thanks for your comments. We all just did the best we could.

Wandering author: Yep, I found Heinlein in junior high and have love him since.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG